President: Ryan Hastu
Vice President: Edward Last
Treasurer: Ron Forlenza
Secretary: Georgina Kelman
Welcome to the New York Lawn Bowling Club!
Our club has thrived for nearly a century because of the dedication of our members. Members are encouraged to participate not only in games and tournaments but in the management of the club. Volunteers are always needed for club events, garden maintenance, tournament organization, open house lessons and myriad other little details that come up. We sincerely hope that you will find both the game and the club as rewarding as we do and look forward to seeing you “on the green”!
We want your experience to be a positive one and with that in mind here are some guidelines to the sport, our club and our tradition. More complete and up to date information can be found on our website: www.nybowls.com
* Annual club dues are $105, this includes club dues, Central Park permit and US Lawn Bowling Association membership. If you would like to share a locker to store your equipment, please add $10. Paid members have access to club equipment and clubhouse (see below) and can participate in club games, tournaments (entry fee applies) and social events.
* Club games are held on Saturdays at 1:00 and Sundays at 1:30. Please try to come a little early to be ready for an on-time start. Weekday/social games are held at 5 PM unless the greens are closed due to weather or Park maintenance.
* Friends of members are welcome to bowl on occasion but must join for continued use of club equipment and access to the green.
* We share clubhouse space with the New York Croquet Club. Access is for members only.
* It is good practice to keep the clubhouse door closed and locked if you are the only one inside and don’t have full view of the door. Always lock the door when you are the last to leave.
* Please keep the clubhouse tidy and take the trash out if you are the last to leave.
* No alcoholic beverages are to be kept in the clubhouse refrigerator. No food is to be kept in lockers.
* Club members have access to club equipment. Club bowls are available for new members but are not to be removed from the green. Members are encouraged to purchase a set of bowls (new or used) as soon as they are comfortable with the game and have determined their correct size.
* Our greens are provided and maintained by the Central Park Conservancy and we are under their jurisdiction. Central Park rules dictate that there is no smoking or drinking alcoholic beverages on the bowling green or within the clubhouse.
* Please keep the gate closed when you are on the green. Both lawn bowlers and croquet players often have personal items that may be “tempting” to non-members.
* Dogs are not permitted on the green.
* Club equipment is available for club members only.
* Please ensure that all equipment is neatly stored and the box locked before you leave the green.
* Club attire (whites/club polos) and flat soled shoes are required for weekend games and tournaments.
* Ground sheets must be used to protect the green at all times.
* Please take extra care not to bounce the bowls or create divots on the green.
* We recommend that you are supervised by a seasoned club member until you are familiar with the game.
Ryan Hastu - President